Poetry Slam!

I won a prize with this... (: (:

This is love
Like eternal spring
Life free fall, catch me
I'm your kind of thing
This is love
He told me
And I replied back with...

Yes
This is love

And I'm not losing it to
Weed
Alcohol with specks of gold in them
Coke
Or ecstasy

Ecstasy!
No, not like those kids sweating to non-existent music
Ecstasy,
No.
He's not rolling,
Rolling, rolling on the river
He's not a rolling stone
Not anymore
And neither am I
Because
This. is. Love.

I'm not losing it
To petty arguments
Petty mistakes
Petty people and their "say so's"
Please say it ain't so
We know so
We know the cure

This is true ecstasy
This is love
Divine like the bible says
But not divided like the Red Sea
And even when we are
They've got planes,
And trains,
And cars,
I'd walk to you if I had no other way
Because I know
This is love

The kind that makes it through
Or at least tries to

November 30, 2009
For Gabe G.
For Ms. Haina
For a good grade in English

2 Responses to "Poetry Slam!" (Leave A Comment)

juskaulani says
January 22, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Like I said before. I love this poem!

(: says
January 23, 2010 at 12:25 AM

Aiiyah. Crazy thing is... that love didn't make it through. Ahaha.